Is this a high volume newsgroup

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Sep 24 05:43:07 EDT 2000

Aahz Maruch wrote:

> Fine idea.  Who's going to moderate?  Who's going to host the modbot?
> Who's going to be responsible for the moderation software?
>
> WARNING: unless you can pull together at least five people willing to
> commit their lives, their souls, and their sacred honor, don't bother
> moving forward on this.  Seriously.
>
> If that isn't enough to discourage you, consider the horrid situation
> where c.l.p.announce went dead for six months.

You misunderstood my intention.  I certainly didn't suggest that such a
thing would be done; I just said that it was the only comp.lang.python
"reorganization" that would really make any real sense (in my opinion,
of course).  I'd probably volunteer my services in such an effort, but I
certainly wouldn't solely champion such a thing, and after having been
an active contributor to Usenet for a decade I don't have any illusions
about how trivial it is.

I'm just comparing it to the rather bizarre fragmentations of c.l.p that
I've seen suggested that would only serve to fragment and disrupt any
coherent discussion, since any kind of division like that would chop up
conversations, leave people unsure of where to post (so they'd post to
many of the subgroups, eliminating the purpose for the subdivisions),
etc.

/  \ Gods are born and die, but the atom endures.
\__/ Alexander Chase
    Polly Wanna Cracka? / http://www.pollywannacracka.com/
 The Internet resource for interracial relationships.