Python 2.0b1 is released!

Kent Polk kent at tiamat.goathill.org
Mon Sep 11 15:58:42 EDT 2000

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000 01:13:59 -0400, Tim Peters wrote:
>                                    I may not be a lawyer, but I've met
>enough judges to know they don't take kindly to presumptions the law is for
>sale.

That is simply because they don't appreciate it being pointed out
that they are at most only once removed from that statement.

Ask an honest judge what his job is and the answer you should
receive is:
 "To enforce the will of the Legislature"
Which most certainly *is* for sale.

Why do you think "To Serve and Protect" stops at that? Adding "the
Legislature", which would provide the correct phrase, would be a
bit too controversial.