Please explain why python rocks...

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Wed Sep 6 23:06:03 EDT 2000

> I am a complete coding newbie,  looking for a first language to learn.
> I consider Perl, I consider C++ (or even d-flat... bleyech), I consider
> Java, I consider javascript.

Learn python, because in learning it as your first language,
you won't be pulling your hair out and jumping up and down
while mastering borroque syntax. You'll get to focus much more
on *thinking* than on the symbols of programming.

Python is very general purpose, and you'll find it useful for
a great many things. It won't be the only language you will
learn, but after having learned it, you're eyes will be much
more open to what is *possible* in a computer programming language.

After Python, step up to Java. Look in your local technical Jobs
Wanted, if you don't believe me. :)-

C//