Is there a way to use Python objects from VBScript

Tim Hammerquist tim at degree.ath.cx
Sat Sep 30 01:24:27 EDT 2000

rturpin at my-deja.com <rturpin at my-deja.com> wrote:
> I know that Python can be used in Active Server Pages. My
> question is whether objects defined in one scripting language
> can be used from another, and specifically, whether Python
> object methods can be invoked from VBScript.

Since they're both proprietary, VBScript and JScript are much more
cooperative at exchanging variables, though it's mostly limited to
scalars, some arrays, and _maybe_ simple objects.  I wouldn't imagine
you would be able to exchange any more than scalars between VBScript and
Python (by which I assume you mean the ActiveX Python engine?).

Why are you using VBScript at all?

--
-Tim Hammerquist <timmy at cpan.org>

Just because my fingers are in my ears doesn't mean I'm ignoring you.
	-- Larry Wall