where is upvar

"Jürgen A. Erhard" juergen.erhard at gmx.net
Tue Sep 26 19:21:00 EDT 2000

    Dirk-Ulrich> "Harald Kirsch" <kirschh at lionbioscience.com> schrieb
    >> My entrance into the world of python was to write a command
    >> line parser ala http://wsd.iitb.fhg.de/~kir/clighome/. It is
    >> quite natural to let the parser set variables directly in the
    >> calling stack frame, normally the __main__ of the script.

[...]

    Dirk-Ulrich> I mean, even Larry Wall doesn't tell people Perl is
    Dirk-Ulrich> natural, or does he? I mean, that's a Pathetically
    Dirk-Ulrich> Eclectic Rubbish Lister, IIRC.

YDRC, to quote from man perl:

     Perl actually stands for Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister,
     but don't tell anyone I said that.

Which chimes a lot better with the overall `sick' theme of this
thread. ;-)

I-won't-tell-Larry-that-you-told-us...-if-you-don't-tell-him-I-told-you-<wink>-ly
y'rs, J

--
Jürgen A. Erhard    juergen.erhard at gmx.net   phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326
          My WebHome: http://members.tripod.com/Juergen_Erhard