Act.Python build100: win32ui.pyd error

canimal at my-deja.com canimal at my-deja.com
Sun Sep 17 12:06:18 EDT 2000

In article <pyiL7UA$82w5Ew7R at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk>,
  Robin Becker <robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <8pvigl$l1h$1 at sshuraaa-i-1.production.compuserve.com>, Kees
> de Laat <kdelaat at compuserve.com> writes
> >

> I suspect these problems are related to one that is present in
> the base win32all-134.exe for 2.0b1 ie win32ui.pyd refers to
ToUnicodeEx
> in user32.dll; this seems not to be present in win95 versions of
user32;
> I can definitely say it is present on the Win98 SE at work and not
> present on my home Win95 OSR2. Mark Hammond kindly issued a fixed
> win32ui.pyd for the 134 version. I guess that Active Python has more
> bureaucracy to go through before doing the same.

<snipped rest>

I would like to weigh in as a user who has not been able to get the
ActivePython package to work because of the win32ui.pyd problem.  I have
tried replacing the .pyd with various other versions, and produced
slightly different errors, but no successes.

I am using Win95 OSR2 also.

Matt

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.