Any suggestions?

Kragen Sitaker kragen at
Fri Sep 22 23:21:52 CEST 2000

In article <8qg9o5$hu0$1 at>,  <rickr at> wrote:
>In the tests I've ran.. Python has beaten all other major scriping
>languages in the speed of project completion.. but slower at runtime
>than other languages as well.. in the tests I've ran, python was just
>under 50% slower than interpreted visual basic on a NT 4 Server machine
>with 128megs.   so...

I'd be really interested to read more about your tests.  Is there a URL?

There's a lot that could be done to optimize the Python interpreter.
<kragen at>       Kragen Sitaker     <>
Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves
                -- Gandalf the Grey [J.R.R. Tolkien, "Lord of the Rings"]