New Python development process

Russ Schmidt SchmidtRW at y12.doe.dov
Wed Sep 27 09:41:40 EDT 2000

akuchlin at mems-exchange.org (A.M. Kuchling) wrote in
<mailman.970022141.27931.python-list at python.org>:

>Here's a new section for the "What's New in Python 2.0" document
>describing the new development process.  I'd greatly appreciate
>comments on it, both from readers who can point out hard-to-understand
>bits and suggest further interesting points that should be made, and
>also from python-dev people who can point out inaccuracies in my
>description of the current development process.
>
>                           3 New Development Process
>
>   In May of 2000, the Python CVS tree was moved to SourceForge.....

You mention the "CVS tree" quite a bit without defining it. It is clear
from the context that you are talking about the source code, but I am not
at all sure of the further implications of the phrase. Is a short
explanation warranted?

Otherwise, the section was quite clear, even to someone who has never been
involved in a major programming effort (me).

--
Russ Schmidt       (idt at y12.doe.gov)
Lockheed Martin Energy Systems, Inc.