New Python development process (SourceForge considered Harmful?)

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at beopen.com
Wed Sep 27 15:38:11 EDT 2000

    AK> SourceForge isn't currently mirrored, though I understand
    AK> they're working on it.  You can download tarballs containing
    AK> the entire CVS tree for your project.  I hope someone at
    AK> BeOpen has set up a cron job to do that every few days, since
    AK> losing the CVS tree would be a massive disaster.

Yes, I definitely run a script to grab the CVS repository tarballs
every night, for both the Python and Mailman projects.  It's a simple
one line cronjob using wget so I don't even need to post the code in
case others wanted to mirror it too. :)

I think Jeremy occasionally sucks down the bugs database (painful
because he has to go through http to do it).  Don't think anybody
pulls down the patches.

-Barry