hzhu at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 09:43:57 CEST 2000
MatPy 0.3.1 is released
Huaiyu Zhu <hzhu at users.sourceforge.net>
GNU Public License, version 2
What is it?
MatPy is a python package that provides MatLab-like interface for linear
algebra and plotting wrapped around the Numeric, Gnuplot and SpecialFuncs
packages. The expressions involving matrices and vectors resemble
Where to get it?
What is new?
Version 0.3.1 has several enhancements and bug fixes.
* The plotting interface has several enhancements:
- Automatic and manual setting of axes.
- Placing of text on graph.
- adds holdon and holdoff for several plot commands working on one figure.
- scaled histogram.
- gplot.py has a self test demonstrating line and symbol choices. (Please
let me know your opinion on the syntax.)
See also tests/test_kalman.py for application examples.
* A patch from Greg Lielens against Python 2.0b1 for ~op style operators
allows the use of ~+ for elementwise add, etc. See Misc/index.html for
details, and Misc/test_t_op.py and Misc/test_elem.py for examples.
The augmented assignment operator names are changed to correspond to the
official name in Python 2.0b1
* A module DynSys/kalman.py is added that implements a version of Kalman
filter for linear systems. See tests/test_kalman.py for examples.
* There are several major bug fixes:
- The __cmp__ probem for != is fixed
- The functions rows and cols now works on vectors.
* The module interact.py is a simpler and more robust substitute of the
matpy console. It has matlab like interface, such as help, demo, lookfor,
names (corresponds to matlab command functions).
* Miscellenious issues:
- Add missing rand methods to discrete distributions
- Improved or added: Matrix_cr, max, min, gt, ge, lt, le, eq, find, any,
all. triu, tril.
Huaiyu Zhu hzhu at users.sourceforge.net
Matrix for Python Project http://MatPy.sourceforge.net
More information about the Python-list