Question about invoking a python script from cron ...

Adam Pearse apearse at
Fri Sep 29 06:15:21 CEST 2000

Hi, I've been trying to get a python script to run from cron. This script
runs without errors if I invoke it interactively but when the scheduled time
comes up it does not appear to run. I get no errors in the cron.log. This is
the shell script called CXAudit I use (can be found in the  /etc/cron.weekly

#! /bin/sh
/usr/bin/python /etc/cron.weekly/

That's it, not very difficult tough stuff. Basically this python script
parses a file owned by user squid (yes, from the squid proxy). Any ideas why
this won't work?