You can never go down the drain...

Phlip no at
Tue Sep 26 02:20:11 CEST 2000

Fredrik Lundh <effbot at> wrote in message
news:95Qz5.633$d5.40225 at

> RCS file: /cvsroot/python/python/dist/src/Lib/,v
> retrieving revision 1.33
> retrieving revision 1.34
> diff -C2 -r1.33 -r1.34
> *** 2000/09/02 11:03:33 1.33

Thanks, but... EEEK!!

If we could get all our heads out from under the hood for a moment, I feel
compelled to restate my question. Is there any regular expression I can code
besides this one that does what I was trying? The point of the exercize is
to _not_ change the source of the package.

    assert ('Gold Man' == re.sub('([a-z])([A-Z])', r'\1 \2', 'GoldMan'))

The point of the exercize is to learn more about RE and Python, and do that
another way but still in one line.

  Phlip at politizen dot com                  (address munged)