Painfully slow startup

Jay Krell jay.krell at cornell.edu
Wed Sep 13 09:01:44 EDT 2000

No one said if it was paging in winmm or some per process startup it does
(which could also involve cached pageins).
To load winmm you can simply do
    rundll32 winmm,foo
at a command line, though it will put up an error.

The minimal C/C++ program:
    #include "windows.h"
    int main() { LoadLibraryA("winmm"); return 0; }

 - Jay