In search of a crusade? (was: Is Python worth learning?)

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Thu Sep 7 11:26:43 EDT 2000

In article <922BCC28EF71A4F3.D07DF642D45772FD.2376059CAA37B222 at lp.airnews.net>,
I gave yet more details:
>>			.
>>... and, in any case, even when he speaks for himself,
>>Guido says, "Java and Python: a perfect couple"
>><URL:http://gamelan.earthweb.com/journal/techfocus/081798_jpython.html>.
>			.
>			.
>			.
>A couple of people have already pointed out to me that this URL
>404s.  Elsewhere in this thread, Andrew Kuchling observed that
>google caches a copy at
><URL:http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:gamelan.earthweb.com/journal/techfocus/081798_jpython.html>.  I just got word from Gamelan that the
>article moved to <URL:http://www.earthweb.com/
>dlink.resource-jhtml.72.1401.|
>repository||common|content|article|19980817|gm_jpython|jpython~xml.0.jhtml?
>cda=true>.
>
>Gamelan has no intention of repairing all their broken links.
>That's what I'm told, at least.  I'm working to locate a contact
>with whom we can register our strong disapproval.
			.
			.
			.
I invite all interested parties to make the point to
<URL:mailto:webmaster at earthweb.com> that corrupting
existing URLs is not only The Original Sin and incred-
ibly hazardous karma for "The IT Industry Portal", but
also bad business.  Required reading on this subject is
the classic <URL:http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI>.
Pass it on.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>