CGI with Python

Steven Adams quickdry at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Sep 16 19:06:48 EDT 2000

if you only want the compiled python code in the public directory (and use a
normal web server e.g. Apache), the simplest thing would be to have a simple
script that imports the python module you want to run.

e.g. say you want to run spam.pyc, just make an executable script called,
say 'spam.cgi' that looks something like this:

            #!/usr/bin/python
            # first line should be the path to your python interpreter
            import spam

and then make it executable, not the most efficient way to do it I'm sure,
but simple.

Hope that helps,

Steven

--
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum -- "I think that I think, therefore I think
that I am." -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"