To 'with' or not to 'with': how is the question ?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 3 15:51:52 EDT 2000

"Daniel Dittmar" <daniel at dittmar.net> wrote in message
news:39B2A9A9.96FB22A5 at dittmar.net...
> Writing a 'for' when you don't have a loop seems really confusing (just
> because it executes the same dosn't mean it it easily recognized as
> such).

When the for is explicitly over a 1-element list, I don't see how
one could be confused.  It's just a matter of desiring an indent:
for gives you the binding & the indent at one go.  If one does
not want the indent, then just assign, as Tim suggested, but a
poster was really keen to have that indent, too.

Alex