Looking for Python programmers--where to search?

gbp gpepice1 at nycap.rr.com
Thu Sep 28 23:43:57 EDT 2000

Pascal.

My first real langauge was Pascal, from a class in high school.  It was
during that class that I decided that I wanted to program for a living.

I remeber the feeling of acomplishment at some of the things we made
pascal do.  For example, we had to make a calculator to do unlimitedly
large integer math.  In python I suspect you could do the same thing ten
different ways, all easier.  But you wouldn't get that sense of taking a
painful limit (integers can only go up to a certain size about 10 digits
long) and eliminating it with nothing but the core syntax.

Also, python's syntax is way to large.  A summary of pascal can fit on
one page.  When I program in python I need reference material all the
time.  I remeber just sitting down in front of a machine and coding in
pascal.