Zope gives you too much rope?

Toby Dickenson mbel44 at dial.pipex.net
Wed Sep 6 06:19:21 EDT 2000

Andrew Kuchling <akuchlin at mems-exchange.org> wrote:

>ethan mindlace fremen <mindlace at imeme.net> writes:
>> Whoa!  Almost all of the products we work on at Digital Creations are
>> managed via CVS.  ZClasses, at the moment, are canonically used for
>> interface items that really *should* be exposed through the web.
>> ZClasses still need some help, I'll admit.
>
>I'm aware of that, but developing products is difficult and tedious;
>only recently has some progress been made on not having to restart the
>Zope server after every change.

A recent change allows the Zope server to restart more quickly than
before: All my servers can restart in under 3 seconds - which is fast
enough for my edit/debug cycle.

(previously it was using a nasty quadratic algorithm to determine how
many sockets can be passed to select. Create a socket... select...
create... select... create... select... continue until exception)

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com