Q: How to patch Python's configure.in

Daniel Dittmar daniel.dittmar at sap.com
Fri Sep 8 10:48:18 CEST 2000

Can someone help me with directions how to patch configure.in for a specific
platform? I know how the resulting command lines have to look like, I just
don't know how to introduce this into configure.in or Makefile.in.

The points are:

- the linker always requires a special option
- a module (mmap) requires an additional library
- the compiler and the linker require special options for thread support
- pthreads are not detected because the compiler must be called with the
thread option to access the right include

The platform is Reliant UNIX in case anyone cares.

Daniel Dittmar
daniel.dittmar at sap.com
SAPLabs Berlin