Python binary for MacOSX DP4

Phlip no at spam.com
Sat Sep 16 09:30:54 EDT 2000

Newsgroupies

I could not locate a Python binary for what might be called Rhapsody.

The one link I found was dead.

Then I found a list server post claiming compiling the GNU project for
FreeBSDi was a slam-dunk.

So I dunked BeOpen's Python, and got a "evil signal 11" exception.

Other fora revealed this is a generic "out of memory" or "I'm so confused"
exception and should not be fixed.

I tried to compile Python 1.6, and this compiled many more modules before
the russian roulette game ended.

Then I tried 1.5.2, and it finished compiling. Only a few trivial hacks to
the Makefile were required to let it install gracefully.

Irregardful of all that passion, does anyone have a Python 2 binary for
Rhapsody they can slap on a site somewhere?

1.5.2 is just so 20th Century!

--
adverbly-signatorialy yours,
 Phlip