python QT and windows

Maurizio Turatti mturatti at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 27 08:57:25 EDT 2000

There is a wxWindows (C++) version built over GTK and one over Motif,
both very nice indeed. wxPython is based on wxGTK only, not wxMotif.
wxPython offers a very native look and feel both on Windows and Unix.
You can download the Linux RPM or compile the source. I am running it on
IRIX also. I think wxPython it's fast, easy to learn and offers a very
rich set of widgets. From a Windows developer's point of view, I think
wxWindows can resemble the MFC, but it's a lot cleaner in its design.
There's also a (commercial) GUI builder, called wxDesigner, which can
produce both C++ and Python code.

	Maurizio