Maximum List Sizes

gbp gpepice1 at nycap.rr.com
Fri Sep 29 00:11:47 EDT 2000

Yes it can I handle slightly larger datasets at work.

However you need a decent machine.  I have 256 megs of RAM.

My advice is to write a simple test program before you start your
project.  Just have your test program generate a list of 10,000 random
lines of text.  Now try to sort it.  It your machine can do it your
fine.  (If not maybe you can just buy more RAM).

Also the Relational database module gadfly may help you with large data
sets if you know SQL.