print format

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at no.spam
Thu Sep 28 01:39:26 EDT 2000

Every time somebody says something about 'print' it makes me wrinkle
my nose.  It seems like too much of a weird special case.  After all,
supposeldy the reason we need it is because a builtin function would
be too much typing for newbies...  "assert" is similiarly unsettling.

What I don't understand is why we can't just change the parser around
to magic

a b c

into
a(b,c)

Is there any particular reason why this would be a bad idea?

--
Glyph Lefkowitz
Professional -- Software Engineer,  Origin Systems