Sockets

Pehr Anderson pehr at eink.com
Fri Sep 1 11:17:16 EDT 2000

I'm not sure about your situation with .close and .shutdown
I don't know much about how to see what NT is doing with its IP stack.

Here is the most recent timeout socket announcement from Timo:

The timeoutsocket.py module has received a minor update,
bringing it up to version 1.5.  The two changes are as follows:

   1- A Windows fix.  Apparently, error code 10035 is not an error at
	all as a result of connect().
   2- The old socket module is now hidden in _timeoutsocket instead of
       _socket, to prevent the possibility of any naming conflicts.

 Where can I get it?
   http://www.timo-tasi.org/python/timeoutsocket.py

 What is timeoutsocket?
   It is a nifty way to add a timeout to TCP sockets.
   See the original announcement:

 http://x56.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=652595989&CONTEXT=967009242.
 1055981596&hitnum=0