can you guys tell me where to find a NumPy module that works...? can you help?

Robin Becker robin at
Sat Sep 9 10:40:11 CEST 2000

In article <etd66o64nps.fsf at>, Alex
<cut_me_out at> writes
>> and before anyone asks I've tried building with 2.0b1 and it bombs
>> horribly on
>> Include\arrayobject.h(16) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier
>> 'Py_FPROTO'
>I had that problem, actually.  I didn't realize it was because I was
>building against python2.  I fixed it by adding the macros
>#define Py_FPROTO(args) args
>#define Py_PROTO(args)  args
>...but that's on linux.
that's what I did and it works, but I guess the Numeric Pythoneers will
be doing a version check as well when they do it. NumPy can probably
take a lot of advantage of the new += type operators.
Robin Becker