Serial Port communication

pehr anderson pehr at pehr.net
Thu Sep 21 22:40:45 EDT 2000

I had started on this some months ago, but ended up needing *many*
serial ports, so rather than juggling PCs we used Lantronix
serial port terminal serers.  16 ports in a very small box!
You just telnet to the right port to set up a connection.

As for what would be the right long term solution...
Is there a best-in-class serial API that should be cloned?
What do people think of the RXTX package for Java?

I'd really like to work on consolidating cross-platform APIs
for Audio (using pyesd) and USB (using libusb).
http://libusb.sourceforge.net/

	-pehr