Python books (was Which regex syntax mode?)

Dan Schmidt dfan at harmonixmusic.com
Mon Sep 18 15:44:43 EDT 2000

Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> writes:

| I've heard that the other O'Reilly Python book is much better (it is
| aimed at inexperienced programmers), and would like to recommend it to
| friends; anyone have good things to say about it?

LEARNING PYTHON is indeed much better.  I am an experienced programmer,
and held off from buying it for a little while because I thought it
would be pitched too low, but it wasn't.  I wish that I had learned the
language from it instead of PROGRAMMING PYTHON.  I also hear that THE
QUICK PYTHON BOOK is very good.

--
                 Dan Schmidt | http://www.dfan.org
Honest Bob CD now available! | http://www.dfan.org/honestbob/cd.html