COM from Windows services?

Nathan Owen owenna at bc.ENGR.ORST.EDU
Mon Sep 11 13:31:11 EDT 2000

I have a service that I want to create an instance of a COM object that
is designated as the active object in order to access that specific
object from other applications, however when I try to connect to this
object from another process it seems like it cannot connect. If I manually
create this object both the service and the client can access it without a
problem.

The service, client, and component are all implemented in python.

Can anyone point me towards a reason why it would behave like
that?

Thanks,
Nathan