Tuple Format?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Sep 4 14:49:27 EDT 2000

Gene C wrote:

> Has anyone considered a different format for tuples to get around the
> somewhat strange single element tuple format? I find when explaining the
> language to others, the single tuple format always solicits a, "Thats
> weird."
>
> For example, instead of (x,) how about <x>
> and (a, b, c) would be <a, b, c>
>
> Thanks

This thread has become a veteran, but ironically I have not yet seen
a SINGLE suggestion which would be easier to explain to novices than
the current syntax.  Anything which tries to use the same token to open
AND close a tuple is doomed to failure when nested tuples are needed.

Ho, hum.

regards
 Steve
--
Helping people meet their information needs with training and technology.
703 967 0887      sholden at bellatlantic.net      http://www.holdenweb.com/