1.5.2 vs 1.6 vs 2.0 vs godzilla

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Mon Sep 25 12:32:20 EDT 2000

In article <8qn5mb$ubc$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <nsiam at yahoo.com> wrote:

>we've completed a web-based project using some components
>of zope under python 1.5.2, and i was wondering whether we should
>do our next release in 1.6.  we'll need to run under solaris, win2k,
>and linux.  although we won't need internationalization til next year,
>i was thinking it might be useful to begin the transition now.

Given that you're using Zope, you should ask the DigiCool folks what
their opinion is.  I suspect they're going to follow the party line and
move from 1.5.2 to 2.0.  You may want to start doing some independent
test development under 2.0beta to see how the I18N stuff works.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Perhaps God rewards martyrs, but life seldom does..." --Ulrika O'Brien