Python vs TCL

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Thu Sep 21 14:34:05 EDT 2000

In article <8qdh1t$970$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, vbMark  <vbmark at my-deja.com> wrote:
			.
>I found the URL you mentined helpful.  To answer your questions: I did
>not mean to imply that I thought that TCL and OpenGL were the same, I
>was just indicating which graphical 'bed' I want to use.
>
>I was just going to develope for Win but just for fun am going to
>create a cross-platform app.  I am working on a 3D game--not a graphic
>intense first person shooter type game--but some 3D shapes will be
>moving in space.
>
>Following some links on your page seems to indicate that TCL is slower
>than Python so it seems like I'll go with Python.
			.
			.
			.
Whoops!  One of the most certain differences between
the two is that Tk graphics in the current versions
are faster than Tkinter's.

Other parts of Python are faster than other parts of
Tcl.  Still others are slower.

In general, though, if you're going to be moving
3D shapes around in graphical space, you will NOT
choose Tkinter for its speed.

Apart from that, your needs still sound mostly like
a toss-up between Tk and Tkinter.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net