newbie books

Aahz Maruch aahz at
Sun Sep 17 00:29:11 CEST 2000

In article <UWQw5.1651$3Z4.134679 at>,
Kragen Sitaker <kragen at> wrote:
>In article <8q0ibr$dtc$1 at>, Aahz Maruch <aahz at> wrote:
>>Currently, the only book available for non-programmers is the SAMS book
>>_Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours_ (that is, 24 one-hour lessons, not
>>one day) by Ivan van Laningham.
>>Disclaimer: I was the technical editor for that book.
>Is it a good book?  I have been extremely unimpressed with previous
>Teach Yourself to Be an Unleashed Dummy in 24 Hours books I've seen,
>but I'd expect this to be of higher quality due to your involvement.

Mmph.  Let's just say that I improved it a fair bit, but nowhere near as
much as I wanted.  I think overall it's a decent book.
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a question, but
to post the wrong information.  --Aahz