Python 1.6 The balanced language

Robin Becker robin at
Tue Sep 5 12:12:15 CEST 2000

In article <8p0gda$d7l$1 at>, Aahz Maruch <aahz at>
>Note that Tim said nothing about coroutines or threads above.  We were
>talking strictly about generators, which are pretty easy to do -- we
>just need to agree on an implementation and interface for integrating
>them into the langauge.
I would still be interested in seeing how one goes from an enumerative
routine to a generator in current python. I 'claim' that this is easy
with 'suspend', but don't grok Structure and Interpretation of Computer
Programs by Abelson and Sussman too well so I find the other approaches
quite hard. Perhaps programming all those matrix algorithms in Fortran
has left me brain damaged.
Robin Becker