Is this a high volume newsgroup

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sat Sep 23 23:24:42 EDT 2000

Aahz Maruch wrote:

> Let's put it this way: unless you can come up with a logical split,
> nobody is going to spend very much time on this.  From my perspective,
> there are too many different types of topics covered here for a true
> split to make much sense, and there are already many mailing lists for
> dealing with narrow issues.

The only alternative that would make much sense, in my opinion, is the
addition (not replacement) of a moderated group such as
comp.lang.python.moderated.  Having c.l.c.moderated and
c.l.c++.moderated is a great alternative to reading the unmoderated
equivalents; they're lower volume and have a lot of the off-topic
nonsense and flamewars trimmed out.

/  \ What is now prov'd was once only imagin'd.
\__/ William Blake
    Official Buh rules / http://www.alcyone.com/max/projects/cards/buh/
 The official rules to the betting card game, Buh.