Python in game development?

Kragen Sitaker kragen at
Fri Sep 1 23:15:08 CEST 2000

In article <w05r5.19697$r4.10070 at>,
Gerry Quinn <gerryq at> wrote:
>In article <cMYq5.9365$D7.377817 at>,
>kragen at (Kragen Sitaker) wrote:
>>In general, I agree with you.  But there are exceptions.
>Good points.  (Though incremental compilation means that it only takes a
>few seconds to change these things even with a compiler.)

If you have incremental compilation, it should be a few milliseconds.
Unfortunately, I don't have Python or C environments that support
incremental compilation.

>Still, plenty of coffee and pondering the source leads to the most
>bulletproof code, IMO.  Most of the examples aren't really to do with

I can't find the original article anymore --- my news server seems to
have expired it --- but I wouldn't advocate "try something; see if it's
fixed; repeat" as a bug-fixing methodology.  I did that when I was a
kid, and it made my programs awful.
<kragen at>       Kragen Sitaker     <>
Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves
                -- Gandalf the Grey [J.R.R. Tolkien, "Lord of the Rings"]