One last shot at the Augmented Assignment PEP

Aahz Maruch aahz at
Fri Sep 15 22:09:40 CEST 2000

In article <39C27ACF.B7491B7C at>,
Bob Alexander  <balexander at> wrote:
>Well, we don't really "need" +=, since it doesn't enable anything we
>couldn't do before. It's only a convenience.

Come, now, don't be absurd.  I could just as easily claim that Python
doesn't enable anything we couldn't do before with assembley.
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a question, but
to post the wrong information.  --Aahz