Of what use is 'lambda'???

Kragen Sitaker kragen at dnaco.net
Wed Sep 27 04:27:51 EDT 2000

In article <39D18214.59A59F15 at alcyone.com>,
Erik Max Francis  <max at alcyone.com> wrote:
>Kragen Sitaker wrote:
>> Erik Max Francis wrote:
>> >
>> > I've never used a compiler that I've known to do such a thing; ...
>>
>> I haven't been able to find one either.
>
>Huh?  If you know of no compiler which exhibits this behavior, how can
>you declare that behavior to be "typical"?

I seemed to recall reading that it was almost universal at one time.  I
haven't been able to find any evidence for that statement, so it looks
likely that I was wrong.

>> int nrv(x, y)
>> int x, y;
>
>Whoa, why are you using obsolescent K&R function declaration syntax?

So I could test it on an obsolescent K&R compiler.  :)  I figured old
SunOS cc would be my best bet, of the machines I have access to at the
moment, if it truly was typical behavior in the early 1980s.  It
printed 3, not 43.
--
<kragen at pobox.com>       Kragen Sitaker     <http://www.pobox.com/~kragen/>
Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves