What is Python?

Grant Griffin g2 at seebelow.org
Sat Sep 16 23:30:12 CEST 2000

Tim Hammerquist wrote:
> On the other hand, Perl-ers and Python-ers share one identifying
> characteristic: stubbornness and tunnel-vision.

Are you sure?  I wasn't at all stubborn in giving up Perl. <wink>

But as to tunnel vision, I guess you're right.  When I discovered Perl,
I entered the tunnel of the value of powerful scripting languages for
most everyday programming chores.  Then, when I ran onto Python (which
one might very loosely describe as "Perl, without all that 'Perl'
stuff"), I became even more tunnelized in that.

   -ly  y'rs,

p.s.  In case you haven't noticed, this "ly y'rs" schtick is an yet
another good reason to switch. <wink>
p.p.s.  If you ever decide to drop Perl completely, in favor of Python,
please don't convince Tom Christiansen to do the same. <wink>

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation	      http://www.iowegian.com