newbie: Zope

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Tue Sep 5 12:58:12 EDT 2000

"Nick Trout" <nick at nil_spam_videosystem.co.uk> writes:
> Why dont you just use Medusa then? This is the core of ZServer on which Zope
> is built. You can get it from Nightmare software.

Because I have no interest in using ZServer or writing an HTTP server
when Apache already exists and is very flexible.  Do I have to
implement HTTP/1.1 pipelining?  Will I have to reinvent my own crappy
versions of Apache modules such as mod_rewrite, mod_speling,
mod_autoindex, or mod_alias?  Apache gives me more flexibility with
less effort than either ZServer or my own custom server would.

> Is ZODB efficient?

So far it seems to be reasonably efficient, and certainly fast enough
for our purposes.

--amk