Too late to propose modules for inclusion in 2.0?

David root at 127.0.0.1
Mon Sep 25 21:25:14 EDT 2000

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 18:52:49 GMT, Jeremy Hylton <jeremy at alum.mit.edu>
wrote:

>In article <8qo4cp$2gj$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,
>  Hamish Lawson <hamish_lawson at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> Is it too late to propose the inclusion of established third-party
>> modules in Python 2.0's standard library?
>
>It is too late.  We will release 2.0 beta 2 tomorrow.  The only changes
>made between 2.0b2 and 2.0 final will be bug fixes.

Bloody hell!  That means you're not going to release a usefully functional
XML library.

Grrrr.

I've been trying since late spring to start using XML in Python.  I had
something going with 1.5.2, but was stupid enough to think it was a good
idea to move toward 2.0, 'cause, hey, it advertises that XML batteries are
included.

I'm getting so frustrated.