Python Books for 2002

Tim Randolph timothyrandolph at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 01:29:40 EDT 2001

Now that there are so many Python books out or in the pipeline it is more
pleasant than discouraging to do some gap analysis.  Here are some books
that I am looking forward to looking forward to:

*Thinking in Python* by Bruce Eckel.  He says it will happen sooner or
later.  (http://www.mindview.net/Python/ThinkingInPython.html )

*Design Patterns Python Companion* by Alex Martelli.  I know he is working
on the Nutshell book, but Alex seems to have enough spare letters, words,
and sentences for two books.  Besides, he has practically volunteered for
it: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/python-list/message/128505

*Mastering Algorithms with Python* by Tim Peters.  The catch here is that it
really should be in epistolatory form.  This is of course to give Tim two or
three hundred more opportunities to come up with funny closing "ly yr's"
lines.

dare-to-dream-or-dream-to-dare-ly yr's,

Tim