Python objects in an SQL Database

Jeff Griffith jgriffith at hbs.edu
Thu Apr 5 10:43:31 EDT 2001

While scanning Freshmeat I came across this

http://freshmeat.net/projects/myobject.pm/

---- description ----

MyObject is a PERL module that stores objects in a MySQL database. It
should be inherited by a class wishing to persist its objects in the database.

--- / description ----

After scanning the python newsgroup archive I came up with no previous
discussion about this, a Google search also turned up no public code.

I'm familiar with the ZODB and I've heard rumors about a tighter
integration of Zope (python) with the Berkeley DB but am curious why
something like this isn't more popular?

Mapping instance attributes to a database sounds somewhat useful...

any ideas?

-Jeff Griffith