Revised Python job survey

Clark C . Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Sun Apr 29 21:16:34 EDT 2001

| I'm not even interested in statistically accurate info. All
| I want to be able to say is "I got 10 apparently well-qualified
| people on comp.lang.python say they would consider moving to LA
| for the right money."

I'd also put in your survey:
 (a) How long did it take you to learn Python, i.e.
     to become relatively proficient.
 (b) What language they came from (Visual Basic, Java, etc)
 (c) If they like Python better or not.
 (d) If they think they are more productive with Python
 (e) If they think their software is more reliable with Python.

This way you can tell your management, well I only got 20
respondants who said they'd move to LA to code in Python.
HOWEVER, on average, they said it took them 2 months to
get up-to-speed and, on average, they said they feel
more productive and are producing more reliable software!
THEREFORE, even if we have to hire Visual Basic/Java programmers,
it won't be all that much effort to have them learn Python.

Just some thoughts,

Clark

----- End forwarded message -----