ANNOUNCE: A *second* Python 2.1 release candidate!

Steve Lamb grey at despair.rpglink.com
Mon Apr 16 11:21:58 EDT 2001

On 16 Apr 2001 16:16:24 +0200, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mickey at Vanille.de>
wrote:
>Steve Lamb <grey at despair.rpglink.com> wrote:
>>>take place in just 4 days, especially when Easter, Passover, and US taxes
>>>are going on at the same time?

>>    What, you think everyone who uses Python is Christian/Cathoic (et al) and
>> American?  Heck, only one of those three dates has any significance to me.

>Now do you dare to tell us which one? ;)

    Well, in theory, I already have considering two are linked, no?  However,
far be it for me to pass up on the chance for an anecdote for those who want
it in pixels.  :)

    Last week I went to lunch with a few coworkers.  We went to a nice local
place that is frequented by many people from our company.  End result, the
staff is quite friendly to anyone wearing our logo.  As we left the following
conversation ensued.

Waitress: "Have a good weekend.  Hope you get a day off for the holiday!"

Me: "What holiday?"

Waitress (puzzled look): "Easter!"

Me: "Oh...  Well, guess you know who the Atheist in the group is now, huh?"

    Hmmm, now did those taxes get in the mailbox or are they still sitting on
the computer at home?  Grrrrr.