Can only import select as root?

Lester McCann l at acm.org
Thu Apr 19 22:44:05 EDT 2001

> |   >>> import select
> |   Traceback (most recent call last):
> |     File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> |   ImportError: No module named select
> |   >>>

> What are the permissions on that module?  Try
>
> $ ls -l /usr/lib/python-2.1/Lib/select.py*

There is no such file in the Python lib directory on my system.  (I ran
'find' from the root of the directory tree to verify that it doesn't
exist anywhere.)  As I can access it when running as root, I'm assuming
that it's built-in somehow.  I agree that it seems like a permission
problem, but...

Thanks anyway.  Any other suggestions, anyone?

--lester