Python Books for 2002

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Thu Apr 5 14:44:01 EDT 2001

In article <9ai305$so3$1 at panix2.panix.com>, Aahz Maruch <aahz at panix.com> wrote:
>In article <03BA7FF29A7003C0.58A7996FD1867709.07757E6DB814C605 at lp.airnews.net>,
>Cameron Laird <claird at starbase.neosoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>Here's a hazard of concision: it abbreviates sometimes to confusion.
>>I think a "40 page 'python in depth' treatise" would be *snapped up*
>>at retail, even at $10 or 20 US.  The market to which Fredrik is
>>apparently referring is that of either the publishers or distributors,
>>who find this sort of innovation anathema.
>
>Ever since I saw _Borland C++ for Dummies_, I have concluded that
>*nothing* is truly anathema to computer book publishers.
			.
			.
			.
Incidentally, as no one else has called me on this, I
need to make it explicit:  my own posting abbreviated.
It would be easy to conclude from what I'd written that
I can only whine about publishers, and lump them all in
the same dark kettle.  I do recognize several are inno-
vative, and a few courageous.  I generalized.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net