Python Books for 2002

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Fri Apr 6 09:41:34 EDT 2001

In article <Pine.SOL.4.30.0104060544510.25974-100000 at mimosa.csv.warwick.ac.uk>,
John J. Lee <phrxy at csv.warwick.ac.uk> wrote:
>On 5 Apr 2001, Cameron Laird wrote:
>
>> In article <mailman.986484978.19207.python-list at python.org>,
>> Simon Brunning  <SBrunning at trisystems.co.uk> wrote:
>[...]
>> 2.  C++:  it might be an OK language, but look at
>>     the destruction it leaves in its wake.
>
>Explain?
			.
			.
			.
I thought I was being cute--specifically, I was trying
lightly to inspire, "Look, even a discussion *about*
using C++ leaves c.l.p in shambles; imagine what an
actual implementation does to a project team."

I'm serious about that.  Maybe it's wonderful stuff--in
fact, I've been fond of C++ at several times, and still
use it frequently--but anything (like children's
organized sports in the USA, certain religions, and
Kashmiri cartography) that inspires such violent clashes
makes me wonder whether a better approach isn't overdue.

The complementary point I also recognize, of course:
C++ is about such important things that it's *worth*
starting a fight.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net