wxPython on Win98 - install help needed

Randy Wolfe wolfer at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 11 15:48:40 EDT 2001

Trying to get wxPython 2.2  going on my Win98 box.. I have successfully
installed Python 2.1 (it works). I've downloaded and installed wxWindows
2.2.6. I've downloaded wxPython 2.2. I've downloaded and installed Borland's
C++ 5.5 to compile wxW per the instructions for BCC5.5 found at
ftp://www.remstar.com/pub/wxwin/2.2.6/install_msw.txt - I've tried both the
DEBUG and RELEASE modes - I've checked the source code of the provided wxW
apps and they include the appropriate preprocessor directive. My start menu
allows me to run the wxW dialog editor and the Life game (although these are
wxW *.exe apps).

I have set the environment variables BCCDIR=c:\Borland\bcc55 and
WXWIN=c:\wx2

I have moved wxPython to c:\Python21\wxPython to hopefully satisfy path
issues

Problem is this: wxPython demo.py will not run from
c:\python21\wxpython\demo (can't find wxPython.wx, can't import wxc).

Is there a specific tree or path structure required for Python, wxPython,
and wxWindows? The compiler instructions for the bcc55 are:

c:\wx2\src\msw> make -f  makefile.b32

Any help will be greatly appreciated - Thanks

Randy Wolfe
wolfer at pacbell.net