Hygienic macros (was: do...until wisdom needed...)

Kris J. Zaragoza kzaragoza at mediaone.net
Mon Apr 30 15:34:49 EDT 2001

On 18 Apr 2001 15:59:42 -0400, Douglas Alan <nessus at mit.edu> wrote:

>I don't need a reference because I'm one of those (ex-) Lispers.  I
>love Lisp and I hate Tcl with a passion.  Python is much, much closer
>to Lisp than Tcl is.  If you were to change the syntax of Python to be
>Lisp-like, you might even count it as a dialect of Lisp.  There's no
>amount of syntactic sugar that could do that to Tcl.
>
>|>oug

Agreed.  After extolling the virtues of Python to a a friend of mine,
he finally tried it.  His response: "Now I know why you like Python so
much.  It's Lisp without the parentheses!"

-Kris

--
Kris J. Zaragoza           | "Unfortunately, most people can't out-think a
kzaragoza at mediaone.net     | grapefruit."  --Jon Bodner