Python job survey

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at gnosis.cx
Sun Apr 29 12:45:26 EDT 2001

Well... lessee.  Self-selected survey.  Mangled return address.
Possible address harvesting scheme.  Slightly silly questions.

But still...  I enjoyed reading the responses of the couple people who
posted them to the list :-).  So...

  How old are you:  b.1964

  How many years have you been programming:

    For (some) money, since 1983
    For fun, since 1979

  How long have you been using Python:  About 2.5 years.

  Where do you live: Small town, Western Massachusetts

  Would you consider relocating to Los Angeles:

    Maybe, for a WHOLE LOT of money and/or other job appeal.

  Would you require visa sponsorship:  Nope.

  What is your current salary:

    Freelancer.  Typically $75/hour (or per contract, which works out to
    about this).  I don't work all that hard, so I make less per year
    than a fulltime multiplier would suggest.

  What field do you work in: (finance, internet, movies, etc)

    Various.  Sometimes computer-based training and publishing (as a
    computer writer).